Monday, September 8, 2008

Relations


I came into this world alone
Upon my birth, I made
Many great relations....
Some lasting, others fading.

With my father – To whom
I am the apple of the eye
Who works hard so that
I needn’t suffer in future
Scolds me because he has
Just my best interests at heart.

With my mother – To whom
I am more precious than
Anything else in this world...
Who became my first friend,
My confidant about my first crush;
And till date remains so –
My bestest friend.
It was her heart that bled
When I scraped my knee
Or when my heart broke..

Then as I grew older
I made many new bonds
Made many great friends
Some closer to my heart,
Some became the best of them all..

Is blood thicker than water??
There have been times when
I have felt so.. Relations do last,
Some just till the newness persists,
Some just out of the necessity of it,
And some others, out of sheer loneliness...
Only very few will be there,
When the need for ’em is greatest..
When I am weak & hurt & alone....

Those that survive the test –
The test by the fire of friendship & trust
Became the ones whom I
Hold close to my heart
Those invaluable jewels who give
As good and better as they receive
Who are strong when I’m weak,
Who turn to me, when they are alone.
Trust should be gained
And once gained should ne’er be broken.

Then suddenly, out of the blue
It hit me one day
I was drifting away from
My mother – my one true great friend..
The one who always stood by me...
Who showed me the path
That was the day I swore to myself...
To embrace all her facets
To keep my time with her sacrosanct..

I came into this world all alone
Made some true relations
Both blood and heart
Hope I made a difference
In all my relations
Before the day comes when I too,
Leave this world to another, all ALONE.


No comments: